File Set Up
Download a PDF of our Print File Specifications sheet HERE
Booklets & Magazines are set up differently, please download a PDF of our Print Files Specifications for *booklets/Magazines* HERE
Want Jett Print to design your print job for you?
It all starts with the file! The best way to get great print results is to create a file suitable for printing. The best design programs to use are Adobe InDesign or Adobe Illustrator as these export vector files which are a printers dream! Photoshop is not ideal to create print files as they cannot produce vector files. Please also see notes below re: Microsoft based programs.
Jett Print has a stellar In House Graphic Design team that design your files with very competitive rates, please contact us for a quote.
• Artwork is correctly sized with 100% scale on 1 up on a single p age
• Standard bleed requirements are 3 mm on each edge (5 mm for booklets)
• Artwork to be supplied as PDF (save as PDF 1.3 compatible).
Conversion fees may apply if any other file format is supplied
• Colours are CMYK or greyscale (no RGB, Pantone or spot colours unless PMS are required in the output)
• Solid black areas are better as rich black rather than just 100% black,
a good colour breakdown for rich black is 40-40-40-100. Black text should be 100% black only
• All fonts/text are embedded or converted to curves/paths/outlines.
• All transparency effects are flattened
• Overprints are set correctly for desired result
• All colour profiles are removed
• Images are at correct resolution (no less than 300 dpi at 100% sc ale)
• Borders and type are within safe zone as variations may occur when trimming
• Registration marks, keylines, dielines and other non-printing items are removed
• Please ensure crop/trim marks are positioned outside bleed area
• We cannot print directly from any files created using Microsoft suite (word, publisher, powerpoint etc). Files
created using non-professional programs, such as these, are unstable. The final output often doesn’t look like
the original. Files created from these programs are not meant to go through the transformations required in the
electronic prepress department of a modern printing company. Conversion fees will apply if these files are supplied.
If you’re unsure about any of these Guide Lines, please contact us, we’re here to help